Turkey Sloppy Joe under Cornbread
I know it's a little early, but this is a fantastic Super Bowl party appetizer. This ground turkey recipe has turkey Sloppy Joe filling tucked underneath a cornbread topping. You can either serve this by itself, or it can act as a dip.
- PAM No Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 pound of lean ground turkey
- 1 can of manwich original sloppy joe
- 1 pkg of corn muffin mix
- 1/3 cup of fat free milk
- 1/4 cup Egg Beaters
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray 8 or 9-inch square baking dish or 2-quart casserole with cooking spray. Cook turkey in large skillet over medium-high heat until crumbled and no longer pink; drain. Stir in Sloppy Joe sauce; heat until hot. Spoon into baking dish.
2. Meanwhile, stir together corn muffin mix, milk, Fleischmann's and Egg Beaters in medium bowl. Spoon and spread over hot turkey mixture. Cornbread mixture may not cover the meat completely.
3. Bake 15 minutes or until golden brown and set
Prep time: 15 min
Total time: 30 min
More Like This
Most Popular on BlogHer
Most Popular on Recipes
Recent Comments on Recipes