Conference Corner: Two Days Left to Submit a Room of Your Own!
No pressure or anything, but the deadline for submitting a Room of Your Own at the BlogHer '12 conference in New York is this Thursday, March 15th!
Here's a great big article on BlogHer.com explaining what the original definition of the Room of Your Own program was, and why you’d want to submit -- but the main points of that article are:
- If you'd like a chance to fill in the programming holes that you feel were left in the basic schedule
- If you want to volunteer to contribute to the conference in a very active way
- If you'd like to make the conference experience your own
- If you're a registered attendee of the conference
...then Room of Your Own is for you!
We select panels that have a powerful combination of community interest, as voiced in the votes a panel receives, and the diversity they bring to the programming schedule.
Room of Your Own sessions have the same infrastructure as every other panel at the conference; you have all of the same a/v equipment and support, power, wifi, stage set-up, and promotional consideration in all of our printed and online communications. The only difference is that they are largely crafted and chosen by you.
Submissions and voting end at 5pm Pacific on Thursday, so the sooner you submit your session, the more time you’ll have to collect votes for it from your community!
We’d love to see your great ideas on the Room of Your Own voting pages, and here's how to get them there:
- Log into BlogHer.com if you aren't already (if you don't, you'll get a 403 redirect warning)
- Click here to submit your great idea
- Copy the URL for your submission so your community knows where to show their interest with a vote
- See the other Room of Your Own submissions here
If you need any help with your submission (need to add a person? caught the dreaded typo?) just send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll get you all set up.