Update Your Twitter Profile Header Today!
By Elaine Griffin on September 20, 2012
Twitter has rolled out some changes to the way it presents profiles. They are doing this to make you look good across all devices, so take advantage of it! My suggestion: get rid of the information and branding on the custom background, and move it to the header.
What you need to know if you are customizing your Twitter header yourself:
- Custom header images should be sized to 1252x626, and will be resized by Twitter.
- Your profile picture, or avatar, will be placed close to the top in the middle of your custom header, so make sure there is no important information there.
- Your profile information, for example, your name, location, and URL, will be placed on the header under your profile image.
How to update your profile:
- Log in to Twitter, and go click “Me” at the top of the page, and then you will be taken to your profile. Here is mine. Boring, huh? See where it says “me?”
- See that little button on the right that says, “edit your profile?” Click it.
- Once on the profile page, click “design.”
- On the design page, scroll down to “customize your own.”
- Click “change header" to upload your own header.
- Looking down a little, you can see the option to upload a new custom background, or choose a color. You also have the option to change the link colors. When you are finished remember to hit “save changes!”
Here is mine.
I did also change my background image. Although I could do without the gradient in the header, I think the new look is slick and I appreciate how the new header is consistent with my websites, my Facebook pages, and Google+.
When uploading your image, you may click and drag to position it, and you may zoom in and out. Sweet!
Have fun customizing your new Twitter profile and taking advantage of better branding opportunities, and when you are done, please come back and put your Twitter profile in the comments section!
More Like This
Recent Posts by Elaine Griffin
Most Popular on BlogHer
Most Popular on Blogging & Social Media
Recent Comments on Blogging & Social Media
By Melissa Ford