Valentine for One – Chocolate Cake In a Mug Mix
This Valentine's Day mix yourself up some love, whether you have a sweetheart or not. Have yourself a lovely little mug cake in less than five minutes. Even if you have to work, you can make the mix at home and bring this in (be warned, you may want to make the bulk mix to share - who doesn't want their own warm little cake at work?). Or if you are clueless and this is your first Valentine, this is super easy and makes a tasty gesture. You could even package this up as class gifts. And if you are a mom of multiple littles, you could sneak this into the bathroom/closet/car to scarf for your chocolate fix.
See my original post for bulk mix recipe and cost breakdown
The Recipe - Just Add Water Chocolate Mug Cake Mix
Single Yield: Mix for 1 mug cake
- 2 Tablespoons flour
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 Tablespoon dry milk
- 1 Tablespoon cocoa
- pinch salt
- optional to mix in: chocolate chips, peppermint chips, peanut butter chips, butterscotch chips, coconut flakes, various extracts
- optional to top: chocolate syrup, strawberry syrup, whipped cream, powdered sugar, baking cocoa...
- Combine all dry ingredients.
- Mix with 2 Tbl water (or milk if you want it more cakey) in a bowl or mug. Make sure you get those corners on the bottom mixed. If you are at work or otherwise left without measuring implements, you want this to be the consistency of a thick cake batter.
- For most mugs you can double this and it will fit, it does rise a tad.
- You can add chocolate chips if you prefer.
- Cook in microwave for 40 seconds (it takes longer if you double it or use milk). If it still looks wet keep cooking for 10 second intervals. Your cake should look dry on top. If you aren't sure use a fork to pull the side of the cake away from the mug and see if the bottom is wet. No raw egg, so a little wet won't hurt you. You don't want to overcook these.
- Let rest for 2 minutes.
- Top with chocolate sauce.
- Serve warm. Om nom!
If you have some baker's chocolate in the house you can whip up some better-than-the-mix hot chocolate, as well! Go for the gold with this one!
*Also see our Valentine’s Day Crafts, Food, and Fun OR
8 Frugal Valentine’s Day Activities for Kids OR
*Also see our Hot Cocoalate Mix Recipe
We hope you enjoy our Valentine For One - Chocolate Mug Cake Mix
Mug cake Lori Mama on Food.com Thans Lori!