By NothingToWear on November 14, 2012
I searched high and low for the perfect Vanity...until, i realized it doesn't exist. With my creative mind going, and as an outlet for stress, i decided to make my own. I knew what i wanted, the look that would suite me, and how'd i want it setup. ...Now i'd like to share with you the steps on how to make your own Vanity. OR in this instance, Van(ME)ity.
- First a plain board ( 1'x2') with flat surfacing. I recycled a old bookshelf from an old book case that i once purchased fromIkea.
- Then decide on to color. I wanted a neutral color that would make a statement, yet simple. So i went with Platinum. I spray painted the shelf and the edges of my mirror.
- Tip. when spray painting mirrors, place newspaper over the front surface of the glass , tape the edges for a even coat, and use rubbing alcohol to remove any access or random splatter on the glass.
- You will need a shelving screw-set. I used the shelf holder screws. You can purchase form home depot, Walmart or any other home goods store. In this instant i used one from Ikea
- Make sure you account for measurements. Remember to measure the distance from the stool - to the table - to the mirror before nailing them secure
- Lastly, i used the adhesive tape strips and hooks to create a wall of hooks. Those items can also be purchase at you local home goods stores.
Hope you liked .... and this helps you to build your own Van(ME)ity !!
More Like This
Recent Posts by NothingToWear
Most Popular on BlogHer
Mom has a lot to check off her list this Summer, and Kellogg's cereal can help her get it done. How will you make the most of your Summer? Check out our blog posts as we share with you inspirational ideas for celebrating the moments of magic that will happen during this activity-filled time of year! PLUS enter for a chance to win as $100 Walmart gift card! Read more