Vegan Banana Oatmeal Pancakes
By plantbased-pixie on September 03, 2014
One day my amazing friend Natasha gave me the wonderful idea of turning my zoats into pancakes. Sadly the courgette/zucchini made the mixture far too wet, and instead the oatmeal pancake was born! If you have a Vitamix or food processor this is the quickest pancake recipe you will ever make, that I promise you! It’s so simple and fluffy yet also so filling!
Serves: 1, makes around 4 thick pancakes
2 tbsp chia seeds
200mL plant milk (I used Apro Coconut Original)
1 large ripe banana
1 level tsp baking powder (optional)
1/4 tsp baking soda (optional)
What to do:
- Add all the ingredients to your Vitamix/food processor and blend until smooth and thick, especially making sure that the chia seeds are ground up
- Heat a pan to low-medium heat, then add 1/4 tsp coconut oil
- Add 2 tbsp of the pancake mixture and gently smooth into a pancake shape
- When nice and brown flip it over carefully and cook on the other side for a minute or so more
- Repeat this until you have a delicious stack of fluffy pancakes!
In the pictures you can see that many different sauces and toppings go with these pancakes! In the top picture I added CoYo coconut yoghurt, fresh blueberries, and BlendCo SKIN superfood blend. In the bottom picture I added my chocolate almond butter sauce (recipe here), star fruit, and strawberries.
More Like This
Most Popular on BlogHer
Save time, money and space with the FoodSaver® Vacuum Sealing System! AND it keeps food fresh up to 5x longer! Read our bloggers' experiences with the FoodSaver® System and see why you should get one for your home. Plus get a chance to win $100 Visa gift card! Read more