Vegan Banana Oatmeal Pancakes
By plantbased-pixie on September 03, 2014
One day my amazing friend Natasha gave me the wonderful idea of turning my zoats into pancakes. Sadly the courgette/zucchini made the mixture far too wet, and instead the oatmeal pancake was born! If you have a Vitamix or food processor this is the quickest pancake recipe you will ever make, that I promise you! It’s so simple and fluffy yet also so filling!
Serves: 1, makes around 4 thick pancakes
2 tbsp chia seeds
200mL plant milk (I used Apro Coconut Original)
1 large ripe banana
1 level tsp baking powder (optional)
1/4 tsp baking soda (optional)
What to do:
- Add all the ingredients to your Vitamix/food processor and blend until smooth and thick, especially making sure that the chia seeds are ground up
- Heat a pan to low-medium heat, then add 1/4 tsp coconut oil
- Add 2 tbsp of the pancake mixture and gently smooth into a pancake shape
- When nice and brown flip it over carefully and cook on the other side for a minute or so more
- Repeat this until you have a delicious stack of fluffy pancakes!
In the pictures you can see that many different sauces and toppings go with these pancakes! In the top picture I added CoYo coconut yoghurt, fresh blueberries, and BlendCo SKIN superfood blend. In the bottom picture I added my chocolate almond butter sauce (recipe here), star fruit, and strawberries.
More Like This
Most Popular on BlogHer
Michelin wants to remind drivers that whether or not your first (or current!) car is in the best condition, your tires should be. The MICHELIN Premier LTX provides exceptional levels of safety even as tires wear down, making them safe when new and safe when worn*. Even when worn, the MICHELIN Premier LTX still stops shorter on wet roads than leading competitors’ new tires. Read our bloggers' posts as they talk about their #FirstCarMoments plus get a chance to win a set of Michelin tires! Read more
Most Popular on Gluten-Free
Recent Comments on Gluten-Free
By Kalyn Denny
By Kalyn Denny