Vegan Blueberry Oat Cookies
By aloveafare on April 30, 2014
Chewy, full of blueberries, oats, and lots of good stuff. These soft-baked cookies do a good job of standing in for breakfast or served up as a healthy snack.
In my area blueberries are averaging $4.00 for a pint for organic and non organic. It may sound pricey. When buying food I take into account what I’m willing to spend on other items such as clothes. Would I rather have expensive shoes or healthy food? In a perfect world you could have both. In my world, food is important and I am willing to spend a little more because we spend so much time eating. It might as well be good food.
When I bake vegan cookies they have always yielded a more chewy cookie. They tend to be more of a muffin texture. I have made some in the past that were crunchy but I used a bit more oil and nuts to give them that crisp texture.
These Vegan Blueberry Cookies are chock full of goodness and taste best the first few days. If they make it that long.
Makes 20-25 cookies
- 1/4 cup organic canola oil
- 1/4 cup agave nectar
- 2 medium bananas (equal to 1 cup of banana that has been put into a blender and liquified)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup organic all-purpose flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, mix together canola oil, agave nectar, bananas, and vanilla extract until combined.
- In a large bowl mix together flour, oats, salt, baking soda, and baking powder.
- Mix together wet and dry ingredients. Add fresh blueberries. Mix carefully to combine.
- Drop by 1 tablespoon each onto baking sheet, spacing evenly apart and gently press to about 3/4-inch thick.
- Bake until slightly browned on edges, about 12 to 15 minutes. Cool on the pan 5 or so minutes, then transfer to wire rack to finish cooling.
More Like This
Most Popular on BlogHer
By Lori Luna
Sparkling ICE is a bold flavored sparkling water that truly delivers on taste and contains just the right amount of fizz. Read our bloggers' posts and get more details on how you can enter the Flavor Face Off plus find out more about the delicious flavors that Sparkling ICE has to offer. Read more