Vegan Mango Granola
By Minimal Eats on May 10, 2014
Homemade granola with almond milk is one of my favorite breakfast and you can use your favorite ingredients. I love mangoes, so I use it a lot to make my granolas, but you can also use other fruits, I love dried berries too! Store-bought granolas has nothing to do with this awesome, healthy, super sweet, crunchy, tasty, homemade granola.
The recipe is so simple, so you can change the ingredients, you can use other cereals, nuts and seeds, fresh or dried fruit or the sweetener you prefer. I think it’s impossible to go wrong with homemade granola.
We wanna share with you other simple and delicious breakfast recipes, especially our favorites: green smoothie and oatmeal, they are ready in less than 15 minutes, so you have no excuse to eat a healthy breakfast if you’re in a hurry. Granola is even better, you just have to place it into a bowl and add milk. You only need 30 minutes to prepare your homemade granola and you can make enough for 1 or 2 weeks.
We’ve used coconut oil because we love the flavor, but you can use another oil or not add oil, for a lighter version. You can also substitute the dried mango, you can use raisins or any dried fruit, the result will be the same.
You should try the granola once you’ve mixed all the ingredients and before to bake, because it’s probably you wanna add more sweetener. We’ve used agave syrup, but you can use coconut sugar, honey (if you’re not vegan), maple syrup, coconut sugar, brown sugar, etc.
You really, really, REALLY NEED to try this recipe, I have no words to describe this awesome homemade granola, it’s just perfect. I couldn’t live without granola, it’s vegan and gluten-free, so it’s a healthy breakfast you can eat with no regrets.
PREP TIME: 5 mins | COOK TIME: 25 mins | TOTAL TIME: 30 mins
Homemade granola is so simple, so you can change the ingredients, you can use others cereals, nuts and seeds, fresh or dried fruit or the sweetener you prefer. I think it's impossible to go wrong with homemade granola.
Author: Minimal Eats
Recipe type: Breakfast
Cuisine: Vegan, Gluten-free
- 2 cups or 200 grams oats
- ½ cup or 75 grams almonds
- ¾ cup or 75 grams nuts
- ½ cup or 75 grams dates
- ¾ cup or 75 grams of dried mango
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ⅔ cups or 200 grams agave syrup
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract (optional)
- 2 tablespoons water
- Preheat the oven to 320 ºF or 160 ºC.
- Place in a bowl the oats, almonds, walnuts, dates, sesame seeds and cinnamon. You can chop the ingredients, but it's optional.
- Pour into a saucepan the agave syrup, oil, vanilla extract and water, stir and cook over medium heat for 2 or 3 minutes or until the coconut oil is melted.
- Combine dry and wet ingredients in the bowl and stir with a wooden spoon until all ingredients are totally mixed.
- Place the granola on a baking sheet (with baking paper) and bake for 25 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, add the dried mango and bake for the last 5 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow the granola to cool completely. Place in a glass container and it should keep for a few weeks.
Serving size: ⅙ of the recipe Calories: 480 Fat: 21.8 g Saturated fat: 6 gCarbohydrates: 66.3 g Sugar: 34.2 g Sodium: 3.3 mg Fiber: 9.9 g Protein: 11.6 g
More Like This
Recent Posts by Minimal Eats
Most Popular on BlogHer