By spandeydob on June 13, 2012
2 cup Basmati Rice or long grain rice
Veggies- Potatoes, broccoli/cauliflower, onion, peas and french beans (fried)
Mushrooms and bread crumbs (Optional)
1 tsp Ginger garlic paste
Half 2 small size tomatoes puréed
3-5 tsp Oil
Salt to taste
Red chili powder
1 Cinnamon stick
1 Black cardamom
* Soak Rice in water for 15-20 mins and keep it aside.
* Heat 1 tsp oil in a pressure cooker or a cooking pan. Add cinnamon stick, black cardamom, peppercorns and cumin seeds and roast them until you get nice aroma.
* Now add chopped Onion and sauté them well. After they are slight brown add ginger garlic paste and tomatoes puree and cook stirring it in-between until it releases some oil.
* Add salt, coriander powder, red chili powder and mix well.
* half cook rice in a separate cooker and keep it aside
* Now meantime in a different frying pan or kadhai add some oil and fry all your veggies one by one. You can also add bread cut into small rectangular pieces or into four pieces and deep try.
* You can also fry mushrooms if you are adding them.
* Now mix all the fried veggies to the paste of spices you prepared and mix well.
* In the end take a large pan with lid or pressure cooker and layer rice in three levels. first white rice and then your veggies and then again white rice and then veggies again and then the final layer of rice. If your paste isn't sufficient then you can reduce your layering level too. Close the lid and cook for few more minutes. until your rice is fully cooked.
* Garnish it with chopped green Coriander leaves.
More Like This
Recent Posts by spandeydob
Most Popular on BlogHer
There’s no better vehicle to bring the family together than the Chevy Traverse. It’s the ultimate family vehicle, and the inspiration behind the tales that these bloggers are sharing about those special moments spent with their families. Check out the posts to see just how different, and, in many ways, the same, family time is nowadays as compared to when the bloggers were younger. Read more
Most Popular on Food
Tyson Fresh Chicken Reviews
With a little help from Tyson Fresh Chicken, bloggers share their favorite chicken recipes for mealtime with the family. Read their posts and enter for a chance to win a kitchen goods gift basket!