Vintage Home: 10 Ways to Clean With Vinegar
By savingsmania on March 09, 2014
Featured Member Post
Years ago, vinegar was one of the go to cleaners our grandmothers relied on. It is still a great, all natural solution for your cleaning needs.
Image: Nomadic Lass
- Refrigerator – mix one tablespoon vinegar to 16 ounces water and put in a spray bottle – spray on shelves and walls on interior of refrigerator and wipe clean.
- Garbage Disposal – pour ¼ cup vinegar in disposal and let sit for a couple minutes. Run cold water in disposal and turn on disposal to clean.
- Toilets – pour ½ cup to a cup in the toilet bowl. Let sit for a couple hours, swish and flush.
- Tile and grout (sealed) – make a past of baking soda and vinegar and scrub on scummy tile. Rinse with warm water.
- Dish Washer – measure 1 cup of vinegar and pour in the bottom of your EMPTY dishwasher. Run as usual.
- Washing Machine – measure ½ cup vinegar and ½ cup water and put in your detergent drawer (for front loaders) or right in the wash basin for top loaders. Run through a normal cycle. When the cycle has completed, wipe the rubber seal with a wet cloth and leave the door open to air out.
- Floors – The correct ratio of water to white vinegar is ½ cup white vinegar to 1 gallon of warm/hot water.
- Stainless Steel – mix one tablespoon vinegar to 16 ounces water and put in a spray bottle – spray on a microfiber cloth and wipe clean.
- Coffee Maker – fill coffee pot with equal parts water and vinegar. Pour in the water dispenser and run coffee pot as normal. Empty water and vinegar from coffee pot and run 2-3 cycles with just water. Wipe with clean, wet dish cloth until clean.
- Carpet – use an equal parts ratio of water to vinegar and rinse thoroughly.
Visit us at http://www.savingsmania.com
More Like This
Most Popular on BlogHer
Resolve® Gold In-Wash Stain Remover is so powerful that it removes some stains in just 30 seconds! We asked our bloggers to give the new Resolve® Gold line of products a try and share their best stain removal tips. Check out their blog posts and learn how you can enter to win a $5,000 shopping spree! Plus, weekly prizes valued at $250! Read more