Last Chance for Voices of the Year Nominations!
By mrlady on April 24, 2012
BlogHer Original Post
In just under a week, we'll be closing submissions for one of the most highly anticipated elements of the BlogHer Annual conference program, Voices of the Year.
The Voices of the Year Community Keynote honors up to 120 of the brightest voices in the blogging community, as chosen by the community. We'll get the opportunity to hear 15 of them read their posts live during the Closing Keynote on Friday, August 3rd, and the others will be honored on BlogHer.com.
Here's where you go to nominate a post, and below are answers to some of the most frequently asked questions about Voices of the Year.
- You can nominate your own posts. In fact, we encourage you to! A wise man once said, "You're good enough, you're smart enough, and gosh darn it, you should nominate that awesome blog post."
- You can nominate someone else's post. Nothing says "Geez, I loved that post" like sharing it with others, and what better way to do that than with a Voices of the Year nomination!
- You don't have to be in attendance at the conference to be honored. To be selected as one of the 15 readers at the Friday keynote, you must be a registered attendee -- but anyone from anywhere can be chosen as an honoree.
- You don't need to have gotten a ton of votes to be honored. Only one post in each category is a People's Choice selection; every other honoree is chosen by a committee of past Voices of the Year readers.You can view the curation committees here.
- You can submit someone who has been previously honored. The privilege of reading onstage is reserved for fresh voices every year, but even past readers can be selected as honorees. If the post speaks to you, submit it!
Nominations for Voices of the Year close on 4/30/2012 at 5pm Pacific, and we'll announce the honorees on 5/31/2012, on BlogHer.com. You'll need to log into BlogHer.com to nominate a post, and if you have any questions (or need a typo corrected) email me at email@example.com for help.
Conference Programming Manager
More Like This
Recent Posts by mrlady
Most Popular on BlogHer
What It's Like to Be a Target on the Internet Every Day: Brianna Wu and Shireen Mitchell at #BlogHer15July 31, 2015 - 9:50am by lifewithRoozle
July 22, 2015 - 3:25pm by SheKnows Editors
Recent Comments on Conferences
By Amy Windsor