Voices of the Year Submissions for BlogHer '14 Are Open! PLUS: Introducing Photo of the Year!
By Stacy Morrison on January 24, 2014
BlogHer Original Post
SUBMITTING: You are welcome, in fact encouraged, to submit your own work, as well as your favorite posts by other bloggers. You can submit as many different posts as you like. And hey, a quick tip for you to read and share from mountaintops: VOTY is not judged by the number of times a single post is nominated, so there's no need to have everyone you've ever met send in your post! But you're also welcome to invite your entire community to thumbs-up a single submission -- that's how the People's Choice is awarded.
Who chooses Voices of the Year? Who chooses the Photos and Voices of the Year? One honoree per category will be a People's Choice, and the rest are selected by a committee of past readers and the BlogHer team. Check out the list below for the full VOTY/PhOTY Committee!
- Adrienne Jones, No Points for Style
- Arnebya Herndon, What Now, and Why?
- Casey Carey-Brown, Life with Roozle
- Denise Tanton, BlogHer
- Diane Lang, BlogHer
- Dresden Shumaker, Creating Motherhood
- Elan Morgan, Schmutzie
- Elisa Camahort Page, BlogHer
- Ellie Schoenberger, One Crafty Mother
- Fadra Nally, All Things Fadra
- Jane Byers Goodwin, Jane Goodwin
- Jenna Hatfield, BlogHer
- Julie Ross Godar, BlogHer
- Karen Ballum, BlogHer
- Kelly Wickham, MochaMomma
- Lisa Stone, BlogHer
- Lori Volkman, Witty Little Secret
- Melanie Coffee She's Write
- Rita Arens, BlogHer
- Shannon Bradley-Colleary, The Woman Formerly Known as Beautiful
- Shannon Carroll, BlogHer
- Stacy Morrison, BlogHer
- Thien-Kim Lam, I'm Not the Nanny
- Verronica Arreola
- Zakary Watson, Raising Colorado
For the answer to more, more, MORE VOTY/PhOTY questions, check out our shiny new VOTY/PhOTY FAQ, right here.
So, c'mon, get cracking! Submissions and votes are open now through February 28. ALL 100 Voices of the Year and 10 Photo of the Year honorees will be celebrated on stage during the Community Keynote on Friday of the conference and throughout the reception that immediately follows, so we encourage you to start submitting your best-loved posts and pictures from the past year here!
I Thought My Mom Was Angry and Cold, But She Was Just Keeping Her Multiple Sclerosis Diagnosis a Secret
More Like This
Recent Posts by Stacy Morrison
Most Popular on BlogHer
September 17, 2014 - 11:18am by genConnect
September 16, 2014 - 9:59am by Deb Rox
August 28, 2014 - 12:19pm by JennaHatfield
August 28, 2014 - 8:04am by JennaHatfield
August 26, 2014 - 10:49am by JennaHatfield
Recent Comments on Conferences