Wanna Go to Davos? Pitch Your Cause on YouTube
Do you think your organization, or cause should be represented at the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland? Make your pitch in a YouTube video by January 4, 2010.
According to the Official YouTube blog post, One Week to Make Your Pitch to Attend Davos!:
"[A]ll videos should be no longer than three minutes. Speak clearly and from the heart. Five finalists will be selected by a judging panel comprised of Paolo Coelho, Arianna Huffington and Muhammad Yunus. These finalist videos will then go to public vote on January 8, with a winner announced on January 19."
The winner will have access to a "special panel" at the Forum to talk about their cause.
If you're looking for tips when making your video for the contest, or for making YouTube videos for your nonprofit in general, check out these posts for ideas and advice:
- 9 YouTube Features You May Not Know About by Holly DeRuyter on Frogloop
- YouTube Adds Call To Action Tool For Nonprofit Videos by Allyson Kapin on Frogloop
- Online Video Production Best Practices - A Discussion with Arun Chaudhary from Obama for America by Jed Sundwall on the NetSquared Blog
- Guest Post by Michael Hoffman: Viral Video for Nonprofits - A Rethinking on Beth's Blog
- Guest Post by Michael Hoffman: Why Nonprofits Should Be on YouTube on Beth's Blog
- Nonprofits on Video: Using YouTube to Promote Your Cause by Rebecca Leaman on Wild Apricot Blog
If you enter, good luck!
BlogHer Contributing Editor, Britt Bravo, also blogs at Have Fun * Do Good, WE tv's WE Volunteer blog, The Extraordinaries, and the Global Center for Cultural Entrepreneurship blog. She is a Big Vision Consultant.