Watch Our First Ever BlogHer Fashion Show!
By Stacy Morrison on August 07, 2012
BlogHer Original Post
You may have heard the "Whoop!" that went 'round the world on Saturday night in New York City, when 21 stylish -- and styling -- bloggers took the runway by storm at BlogHer '12. Truly fantastic fashion looks were on display, from sponsors 6PM and canine clothier Pet Smart (pretty pooches had their moment, too), but what really made the audience's eyes sparkle was the joy, confidence and pride beaming from our walkers, spreading like wildfire into the audience. Talk about a feel-good moment! I laughed, I cried, and yes, it became a part of me. And a part of BlogHer history, right up there with the first Community Keynote in 2008.
Editor's note: BlogHer inadvertently ran this outstanding image of the fashion show without credit -- it's by Melisa Wells of Suburban Scrawl, and we regret the error. Thanks, Melisa! -- Julie
There may have been a few raised eyebrows when BlogHer slated a fashion show on the conference schedule: Skeletons walking down the runway in clothes no one can afford came to most people's minds, but of course that's not the BlogHer way. Diversity and inclusion were top of mind, as well as gorgeous clothes anyone would want to wear. And with BlogHer Editor at Large Kathryn Finney the mastermind behind the show, we were confident that's what we would get. A round of applause for Kathryn and her talented co-conspirator event producer Darlene Gillard Jones, who mastered everything from the selection of bloggers (full list of names and links below!) and the looks, to the music and the runway struts of their models. Additionally, hair by Paul Mitchell and makeup by Elizabeth Arden just added to the amazing beauty these bloggers were strutting. And there were some awesome struts on display!
Every. Single. Second. of the show was a highlight, so when I started to name the moments that brought everyone to their feet, I had so many gorgeous flashbacks I gave up. So I hope you'll watch the video to see all the joy and hotness for yourself! Check out highlights from the runway on BlogHer TV right now, and stay tuned for the full video coming VERY soon!
Don't take my word for it. Check out these Twitter comments to read for yourself:
If you're wondering about our fabulous diverse group of runway walking women, here they are. Visit their blogs. Tell them they're beautiful and that they inspired you. They are. And they did!
- Laurita "Laura" Tellado of and Espresso Con Leche
- Sabrina Enyullata of Slice of Lemon
- Stacy Jill Calvert of Stacy Jill Calvert.com; her writeup of her experience.
- Erin Bailey of Scandalous Beauty Online
- Sally McGraw of Already Pretty
- Christina Brown of LoveBrownSugar
- Heather Barmore of Poliogue
- Christina McMenemy of A Mommy Story
- Maria Niles of BlogHer and @marianiles
- Marcy Swingle of Gastrochic; her experience
- CeCe Olisa of Big Girl Blog
- Reagan Breinholt of Hairdresser on Fire Blog.
- Grace Atwood of Stripes and Sequins
- Alissa Wilson of Stylish Curves
- Rhoda Vickers of Southern Hospitality Blog
- Monique Maestas-Gower of BlogHer
- Christine Koh of BostonMamas
- Claire Sulmers of Fashion Bomb Daily
- Jenni Radosevich of I Spy DIY
- Pauline Campos of Aspiring Mama
- Erin Kotecki Vest of Queen of Spain; her experience
- Kathryn Finney, BlogHer's Editor-at-Large and creator of The Budget Fashionista
Thank you, ladies, for inspiring us like only BlogHers can!
What was it like to be a model? Read the bloggers' quotes, find out what they wore, and see pictures in our BlogHer '12 Fashion Show slideshow.
What did you think about the fashion show, whether you were in the audience or just watched it for the first time via YouTube? Let us know!
More Like This
Recent Posts by Stacy Morrison
Most Popular on BlogHer
By Lori Luna
July 6, 2015 - 7:00am by Deb Rox
ADDED: New Thursday Afternoon Kick-Off Keynote at #BlogHer15 Featuring #womenslives and #BlackLivesMatterJuly 1, 2015 - 11:52am by Elisa Camahort
July 1, 2015 - 7:00am by leahpeah