Weight Loss Update and Fall Goals
It's been a while since I talked about my weight loss. Honestly? It's because it really stalled this summer. It's just one of those things, I guess - a lot of things tend to fall away during the summer, and for me, that just happened to be what it was.
That and those
pesky delicious white chocolate M&Ms I had to stop buying. Seriously, addicting.
Now that fall is on it's way (thank goodness), I really want to get my momentum back. I got a good start on Saturday at my most recent weigh in, weighing in at 192.2, down a full pound from the previous week. I have a long, long way to go, and some big events on the horizon - we move in September, then in October we start my family's holiday/birthday/anniversary season...we have 9 birthdays, our anniversary, and the holidays all crammed in from October to February. It's a bit nuts.
Anyway, I'm really committing myself - I don't want these upcoming events and stresses to hinder my progress. With that naturally comes some goals.
- Continue to hit my step goal each day. I've said it before and I'm sure this won't be the last time I say it - my Fitbit really has changed my life, activity wise. I can't say enough good things about it. It really helps me fit activity into my day, rather than thinking of activity as something outside my day that I have to work at. This is so much easier for me, and there are so many other people who are just as obsessed as me, which helps. Side note: I had to have my Fitbit replaced under warranty because the battery was going bad...so I bought a new one to use until my replacement came, then returned the new one when it arrived. #obsessed
- Continue tracking my food. I've been double-tracking my food for a while now (both WW and MFP), and it's really helped me a lot. Both programs give such different information, and it really helps me get a clear picture of what I'm doing.
- No Soda. We're in the middle of a no soda challenge at work, and I've really realized how much I don't miss it! I did have a few sips of soda this past Sunday, but other than that I haven't had any this month! Water, water, water!
- Do something active every day. Walks, workout videos, dancing around the room, using the Wii...anything. Until the move, I'm concentrating on my walking and going to the gym at work on my lunch break, but once we move and get everything settled, I'll start looking for other ways to get it in.
- Aim for consistent losses. Every time I've put a number here, I haven't made it, so it's time to try without a number goal. As long as I consistently lose throughout the fall, I'll be a happy camper.
What are your health and fitness goals? Will you be doing anything differently this fall?