What Did Your Year Look Like According to Facebook?
By Melissa Ford on December 20, 2013
BlogHer Original Post
Facebook took its own look back at trends on Facebook in 2013. (Uh... I thought our non-public posts were supposed to be private, but I guess not when it comes to amalgamating information for trend reports.) It was a relationship-adding year with lots of check-ins from Argentina to the United Kingdom. We talked a lot about Pope Francis, Miley Cyrus, and that royal baby born to a certain Will and Kate.
And all that is well and good, but what about YOUR year in review?
Facebook has made it simple by providing a link that will take your year and give you the highlights. So go ahead and log into Facebook, and then click here to see what your year looks like in review.
My highlights include:
- "When the ChickieNob gets down to one card, she doesn't say UNO. She calls it the Precious. #toomuchhobbit
- A picture of my hamster (may he rest in peace).
- An apology note I sent 20+ years later because my daughter admonished me (and the subsequent response from the guy as well as our big game of catch-up).
- Pictures of FLOTUS from events I attended with her this year.
- That time I told the kids when they woke up that we hid snake eggs in the house for Easter and they better find them before they hatch.
- My daughter asking me for black nail polish.
- The kids interviewing the President.
- And my absolutely fabulous fox costume for Halloween.
So, what were the highlights from YOUR year?