What iPad3, iPhone5 and iPod Features Do You Hope to See?
It's like Christmas when there's an update to our favorite gadgets, the iPod and iPhone. Everyone wants to rattle the boxes and guess what's inside long before it's time to open the packages.
The new iPod is supposed to be out in September, which is the timeline for the iPhone 5 as well. With the iPod 3 and the iPhone 5 on the way, the rumors about what may be included are flying. Here are a few:
- CNET says the next iPod Touch will have 3G, meaning you don't have to be near a wireless hotspot they way you do now.
- 9 to 5 Mac discussed the same rumor, saying the 3G would be data only, similar to the current iPad.
- Faster Forward tells us about the rumor that there will be two new iPhones this fall, one of them at a more affordable price to compete with the Android market.
- 9 to 5 Mac also reports on the rumor of two new iPhones. They speculate that it will be based on the iPod Touch and will include international calling.
- PC Magazine mentions a gaggle of new features that might be possible, including slimmer design, better camera, Sprint, and even a slide-out keyboard.
- PC Mag also has a nice slideshow of 10 rumors, 8 Likely iPhone 5 Rumors and 2 Wild Ones. Some of the likely ones: bigger screen, smaller SIM card, mobile payment technology, Sprint iPhone, a different flash location and a better camera. They call the slide out keyboard unlikely – I agree – and the 720 pixel display unlikely.
Apple is reportedly ordering 25 million iPhone 5 units, just to meet the demand they expect in 2011. To forecast demand like that, Apple must be pretty confident that the new features will be compelling.
Will Apple release an iPad 3 or something called an iPad 2 plus?
What would make you buy?
Which of the rumored new features do you most want? Is there something else that you'd love to have on an iPod Touch or iPhone that isn't among the rumors. What's on your wish list?