Separated at Birth: 'Sons of Anarchy' and Capitol Hill Politicians
By The Missing Niche on October 25, 2013
Featured Member Post
While watching this week's episode of Sons of Anarchy, I couldn't help but think I was watching a session of Congress. The biggest difference I noted was that the characters on SOA were much better looking and infinitely more likeable than politician, but that's just me.
Image: FX Networks
Capitol Hill politicians are just like SAMCRO in these ways:
- They make deals that further their immediate needs, the needs of the public and those around them become secondary - SOA has guns, prostitution and bribery; politicians have lobbyists.
- Both First Ladies think they have a right to tell you how to raise your kids.
- They have a hard time keeping track of their lies.
- Everything they do will blowback on innocent people, or at least prevent them from accessing the Obamacare site.
- They sit around big tables banging gavels, typical male BS.
- Members typically avoid jail through the elaborate use of smoke and mirrors.
- They have great rides - motorcycles and limos.
- Their moral compass broke a long time ago.
- Back door deals are commonplace, sometimes they will threaten your back door to get their way.
- Once you're in, it's hard to get out; and I'm not talking about your backdoor.
- They have very short memories when it comes to the questionable things they have done, but long memories when it comes to the missteps of others.
- They will protect themselves from bad press at all costs.
- "Not in my backyard" works for both of them, dump the dog shit on someone else's lawn as long as the money rolls in.
- Older men. Man, I love Tig and Chibs.
On the flip side, traits SAMCRO has but politicians don't:
- SAMCRO is there when they need you, and when you need them.
- Bipartisanship - they are constantly working with the other side to get things done.
- They don't hurt women and children, unless you are a purveyor of child porn.
- You screw up, you are out. Period.
- A bigger pool of candidates to choose from when one leaves the table.
- The naked backside, frontside, any side of Jax Teller/ Charlie Hunnam.
- Venus - the real definitions of tolerance and acceptance would be quickly realized. If not, she would distract them with her boobs.
- They present a united front. Bickering stays in the boardroom, and they settle it with a beat down. I think this should be implemented with Congress immediately.
- Somehow, the shit never sticks to the President's shoes. You see how clean Jax's sneakers are?
That's all I got. Anyone else have any similar observations?
Oh wait, here's one more:
Image: FX Networks
More Like This
Recent Posts by The Missing Niche
Most Popular on BlogHer
Most Popular on Entertainment
By Rita Arens
Recent Comments on Entertainment
By Mama Pants