What to Wear to Work
By KSchwarzenegger on July 14, 2014
Michelle Pimm is back with her fashion expertise on what to wear to work. Her advice for networking over coffee was so great, I know you’re going to like this one. So if you just started a new job or need to upgrade your work wardrobe, keep reading! Thanks Michelle! XO Katherine
You’ve got the 9 to 5. All you need now is some killer work wear.
It’s always smart to have a good idea of what the dress code will be before you hit the department stores swinging. And don’t think your office attire has to be boring. You should always shop for clothing that reflects your style and personality. They hired you for you!
Here are few key pieces to help you get started at your job:
1. The Button-Down Shirt: pair it with a black pant or (if your office allows) a dark skinny jean with a heel. It’s a classic.
2. The Blazer: Whether paired over a dress or a blouse and skirt combination, you’ll look ready to take on meeting. And with so many colors, you can find a few that speak to you.
3. A-line Skirts: I’m sure you were expecting the pencil skirt, and yes, I think it’s a great piece to have in your closet. But wearing one for eight hours is not always ideal. Try an A-line skirt in vibrant colors or playful patterns. Comfort always wins.
4. Blouses: pick them in your favorite colors and prints. Find a style that you’re happy wearing all day.
5. Closed-toe-shoes: It’s a good rule of thumb to keep the toes hidden until you know the code. If it is a bit more relaxed, you can opt for a dressy sandal or open heel.
6. Accessories: The best part of jewelry is that it truly shows your character and can often complete a look. Have a little fun with it.
Do you have any advice for work attire? Leave your key items in the comments below!
Find Michelle on…