What is your acne telling you?
By healthbeautymind on July 21, 2014
Do you always break out in the same places at your face? According to ancient Chinese medicine the location of acne spots on your face can give you an indication of their underlying cause.
Your skin often reflects your internal health, so by analyzing and mapping where acne shows up on your face, you can understand what’s causing your acne and prevent the pimpels from appearing!
1. Forehead (digestive problems)
- Go to bed early, get a minimum of 8 hours sleep and wake up early.
- Flush out your toxins by drinking plenty of water.
- Try to drink less soda and carbonated drinks
- Eat lighter and cooler foods like cucumber,radishes, strawberries, tofu and melon.
- Try to avoid refined sugars.
- Don’t get stress out and take it easy.
2. Eyebrows/Temples (Liver problems)
- Eat less junkfood and more fresh fruits and veggies.
- Too much unhealthy fats in your diet, try and replace them with healthy fats like avocado and nuts instead.
- Same as above, eat more cooling foods!
- Try to stop eating 3 hours before you go to sleep.
- Aim for 8 hours of sleep every night.
3. Cheeks (Respiratory system)
-Do you smoke or do you have any allergies?
- Change your pillow cases more often.
- Clean your mobile phone with rubbing alcohol.
- Check laundry detergent for any irritating ingredients
4. Eyes (Kidneys)
- Dark circles or irritation can be a sign of dehydration.
- Drink more water and eat more fresh fruits that contain lots of water.
5. Lip Area (Constipation, irregular bowels)
- Eat more fiber.
- Include more fresh fruits and veggies (whole foods) in you diet.
- Try to eat less spicy and fried foods.
- Change your toothpaste, sometimes your skin can get irritated from this.
6. Ears (Kidney problem)
- This could be a sign of dehydration, so drink more water!
- Try to consume less alcohol and coffee since they cause further dehydration.
7. Chin and Jaw (Hormonal problems)
- Do you use the birth control pill? This can cause some serious hormonal imbalances.
- Too stressed out? Try to relax more, breath deep and do some yoga exercises.
- Try to exercise a minimal of 30 minutes daily.
- It could be a sign if you are ovulating.
- Try to eat more alkalizing foods like veggies!
8. Nose (Heart)
- Try to eat less meat, dairy and salt.
- Make sure you get enough vitamin B
- Get some fresh air and do this more often during the day.
- Try to lower your cholesterol.
9. Neck (Immune System)
- Zits in this area could be a sign of illness, your body could be fighting the bacteria.
- Try to sleep more, do more exercises, try to relax and breathe deep, give your body the much needed rest.
More Like This
Most Popular on BlogHer
Save time, money and space with the FoodSaver® Vacuum Sealing System! AND it keeps food fresh up to 5x longer! Read our bloggers' experiences with the FoodSaver® System and see why you should get one for your home. Plus get a chance to win $100 Visa gift card! Read more