What your pastor's wife wished you knew
By godsygirl on February 01, 2011
Here are ten things that most pastor's wives wish they could say; but likely don't. Hey, you know my "in your face" style, so I'm gonna say it! LOL
1. We're not perfect. Heck, no one is. We make blunders and often out of pressure, stress and fatigue. Please be patient.
2. We're not on the church payroll. Please adjust your expectations accordingly.
3. Don't question our blessings; you have *no* idea of our sacrifice.
4. We're not *always* able to be best friends with women in the congregation. Only in extremely rare situations. Most pastors need a degree of distance between home and church. Besides, we are often privy to many sensitive issues. It can be an awkward and 'touchy' situation. Wisdom must prevail.
5. We're all different. We wish you wouldn't try to compare us to the pastor's wife at your old church, or your mom (if she was a pastor's wife)...we all have our own personalities, gifts, etc.
6. We love you; but sometimes we must set boundaries so that your pastor can rest at home. So, if you call in the evening, you may not get to talk to him until the next day...when he's in the church office. *Emergencies - different story.
7. We love fellowshipping, but we really value the little time we have with our husbands and families. We may not be able to make every social gathering.
8. Clothes are just clothes. If you don't like what we wear, keep it to yourself.
9. Even if the church owns the home; you can't just drop by anytime without calling.
10. Our kids are not public church property. For that matter, neither am I.
Bonus: Don't assume just because we have the same faith that we all agree. I may not agree with your politics, ideas about clothes or even tradition - and that's ok as long as you don't try to "convert" me.
Take the meat and leave the bones!
More Like This
Recent Posts by godsygirl
Most Popular on BlogHer
Nate Berkus brings his celebrated style to LG’s premium line of kitchen appliances. See how our bloggers incorporated this style with with just a few simple tweaks. Enter "My Kitchen Needs Nate" contest for a chance to win an ultimate dream kitchen. Read more
Most Popular on Spirituality
Recent Comments on Spirituality
By Avery Lane