Whats in my makeup bag
I see a lot of "What's in my makeup bag" posts and tags, so I figured I'd join the band wagon.
I never really noticed how many products I use on the daily getting ready for work until I emptied my bag and took this picture.
The things we do for beauty and to look polished up.
The products from the order I put them on:
- Missha Misa Cho Bo Yang moisturizer cream
- Hourglass Immaculate Foundation
- Beauty Blender
- MAC Skinfinish
- Ben Nye Banana Powder
- NARS Blush
- MAC Viva Glam Rihanna
- MAC Lipliner
- MAC Eyelash curler
- MAC Fluidline
- Sephora Outrageous mascara (not pictured)
11 darn things! Holy Moly! That's without eyeshadow! I normally also put a lil highlighter in the inner corner of my eyes but I always put it back in my makeup storage because it's my Urban Decay Naked 2 palette. It's too big to tote around in my makeup bag if I'm only using one color for a highlight. A lil bit about each product....
- Missha Misa Cho Bo Yang moisturizer cream- I've been really focusing on my skin care and making sure I put on a facial moisturizer, day and night. I love the benefits of Ginseng and the smell of it also. It's a light weight moisturizer and I don't go a day without it now.
- Hourglass Immaculate Liquid Powder Mattifying Foundation for us oily skinned folks. I've been using this for the past couple of weeks and I LOVE IT! I haven't had to blot my face throughout the day with this product. It is a high-end foundation product and if I'm paying $55 for it, it better darn work! It has definitely proved that it does. So if you're a fellow oily girl chic as myself, go to your nearest Sephora to get matched up and get you a sample.
- Beauty Blender - Oh this darn lil air-brushed finishing sponge, it took me forever to jump on the beauty blender band wagon. I just couldn't look at a $20 bill and transfer from one hand to receive just a lil pink sponge in the other. But, finally I splurged at Christmas time and I haven't looked back! Who woulda thought that this lil sponge would work wonders as it does! I highly recommend going out and getting this! Right now they even have a limited edition one in the color lavender purple for Spring. So, as of now, they have them in the colors pink, lavender, black, and pure white. I have the pink and the white one. They really do work wonders!
- MAC Skinfinish in the shade Deep Dark for my bronzer and contouring. I put it along the hollows of my cheeks from the ear down towards the corners of my lips. Also at the temples on the corners of my forehead and along my jaw line and if I'm going all out, the sides of my nose to skim it down. Soon, I'll get the NEW MAC Studio Sculpt cream to play with, but right now I have so many bronzers, I just can't see myself shelling out more cash for it. I love contouring my face, but if you're in a rush in the mornings, just do it along the hollows of your cheeks and you're good to go.
- Ben Nye banana powder - I use this to brighten up and highlight my dark under eyes. This is great for women that have yellow undertones. They also make a shade for women that have pink undertones. When I use it, I place it like a triangle below my eyes down along the sides of my nose to extend out to my hairline next to my eyes. Let it set for a couple of minutes then lightly dust it off with a brush using a soft hand. You'll definitely see I newly awakened self.
- NARS Blush in my favorite everyday shade Deep Throat- This is a perfect pink for everyday use for me. I just swipe on top of the apples of my cheeks and extend a lil bit just shy of my hairline.
- MAC Viva Glam Rihanna lipstick and MAC Lipliner in Brick- I apply my lipstick first lightly just shy up my natural lip line then I apply my lip liner then again finish up shading in the rest of my lips with my lipstick. I find it best for me to apply my lipsticks that way. This is my new staple lipstick. It goes with every skin tone that I've seen and it makes me feel more confident and fierce! Go 'head MAC! I LOVE THIS SHADE!
- MAC Eyelash curler - This is the ONLY eyelash curler that works for my uncurly asian straight eyelashes. They don't tug at my eyelashes and it gets every last eyelash! I clamp my eyelashes in and lightly squeeze several times and slightly extend up to get my desired curl. I know it's on the lil expensive side, but like I said, it's the only one that works for me. Even the eyelash curlers that look like exact dupes for this doesn't work for me. They somehow snag and rip out my lashes, which is a definite HELL NAW moment! So I'll dish out the money for this. They last a very long time and you only have to replace the lil silicone black thingys that you put in there.
- MAC Fluidline in Blacktrack - this is the only black gel-like liner that stays in place for me. Once it dries, it stays put! It dries quite fast so you have to work quick. I apply it to my tightline along my lashes to get a natural full-look with my Sigma E16 tightline brush and I finish my cat eye look with MAC 266 angled brush. FLAWLESS!
- Sephora Outrageous Volume mascara in Ultra Black- Again, one of my Holy Grails/Staple makeup products. I love the tiny little bristles of this brus and I haven't actually counted how many there are but theres a ton! This is the only mascara that coats every lash, lenghtens and gives out of this world va va voom volume! This is the most dramatized mascara for me! And the price is only $15! The only downside to it, is that you have to put in a lil gentle care in removing it at the end of the day. But with that said, you'll know that it'll stay put throughout the day.
Well Dolls, that's the contents of my everyday makeup bag. I hope you enjoyed and learned a lil on why those are my everyday products that I choose. You can find the products from:
What is in your makeup bags?
Do tell me!
Filipina Mac Barbie