Who's Spinsterlicious? We Are. And We're Everywhere!
By eleanore on August 29, 2012
A few weeks ago, I posted a survey so I could get to know the readers of my The Spinsterlicious Life blog better. As an incentive to get you to participate, we offered a first, second, and third place prize. Response was tremendous, so many thanks to all of you who participated.
And just in case you’re now rolling your eyes because you don’t think reading survey results is a good use of your time, you’re wrong! They’re pretty interesting. I promise.
We are a super-interesting bunch!
- We’re mostly female. No surprise there. About 5% of the regular readers of The Spinsterlicious Life are male. Some of you want to hear more from them. (More about that later).
- Eighty-five percent of us have no kids. The rest have 1-3. No one had 4 or more kids. Of course, if they did, they wouldn’t have enough free time to fill out a survey, right?
- We’re a pretty happy bunch. On a scale of 1-10, where 1 = miserable and 10 = delighted, the average response to “how happy were you last week” was 7. That’s pretty good.
- Most of us (79%) are not in a serious relationship right now. 17% are, with 6% in a really serious relationship…because they’re married.
- One of the questions asked how we feel about our current situation. See the range of responses, below. And what was I thinking? I forgot to give “I love being single” as an option. And a bunch of you gave me an earful about it. I won’t make that mistake again! Read more: http://eleanorewells.com/whos-spinsterlicious-we-are-and-were-everywhere/