World's Healthiest Fudge
By glutenfreegigi on February 05, 2014
My Raw Nut Free Fudge is a chocolate lover’s dream come true!
It’s easy to put together, rich and creamy and packs a serious chocolate punch!
In fact, I challenge you, chocolate loving foodie friends… make this healthy treat, then give it a taste – you may never return to the sugar-filled version of fudge again.
And if you can keep your paws off it, this fudge keeps well for up to 5 days in the fridge and longer in the freezer.
Oh! It also makes an excellent frosting for your favorite cake or cupcakes if used prior to chilling.
Best part? The groovy feeling you get knowing you’re serving what is likely the World’s Healthiest Fudge. I think that may just count in the “Making the World a Better Place” category…good work! ;)
Now, go make Raw Nut Free Fudge and indulge!
Raw Nut Free Fudge, also known as the World’s Healthiest Fudge
Total time: 12 mins
You can also see exactly how I make this recipe in my How-To Video on YouTube/GlutenFreeGigi!
- ½ cup raw cacao powder (substitute unsweetened baking cocoa if you wish)
- 1 organic ripe avocado (preferably a California avocado!), peeled and pit removed
- ½ cup organic Medjool dates, pits removed
- 2 teaspoons organic raw vanilla extract
- ⅛ teaspoon fine sea salt
- Place the avocado, dates, vanilla and salt in the bowl of your food processor; blend until completely smooth. This takes a few minutes to achieve a perfectly smooth consistency, but hang in there – it’s worth it!
- Once you’ve achieved a smooth, creamy mixture, add the cacao powder and process until you have a uniform mixture (this doesn’t take quite as long as the initial blending, but will require some side-scraping of the processor bowl in between pulses – again, worth it!).
- Spoon the mixture into a pastry bag fitted with a large star tip (I used my cupcake frosting tip) and pipe in swirls onto a parchment lined cookie sheet. (My swirls are approximately 1½ Tablespoons of the mixture).
- Chill fudge 45 minutes, or until a firm, fudge-like consistency.
- If using as a frosting for an amazing gluten-free cake, do not chill, simply frost away onto your cooled cake or cupcakes!
This fudge keeps well for up to 5 days in the fridge (if you have leftovers). It also makes an excellent frosting for cake or cupcakes if used prior to chilling!
Gigi ~ GlutenFreeGigi.com
All content copyright Gluten Free Gigi, LLC. Please share courteously, providing link back and full credit for my work. Thank you.
More Like This
Recent Posts by glutenfreegigi
Most Popular on BlogHer
UPDATE: Human Trafficking Hits Close to Home For One Blogger: 14-Year-Old Jewel Fitzgerald Has Been Found