Would You Guess This About Me?
By Linda Anselmi on June 26, 2012
Suzie Ivy aka Bad Luck Detective threw the gauntlet down and challenged her BlogHer friends to share 10 things about themselves that others wouldn't know. Since I'm a fairly private person, for someone so opinionated, there is a lot to choose from.
I've also been friends with Ms. Ivy for almost as long as I've been married (34 years last saturday), so I decided to skip my more obvious loves of books, dark chocolate, history, pixar animated movies, and rock and roll and go for the more obscure and see if I can surprise even her...
1) I wanted to be a gypsy dancer when I was child, and a part of me still does.
2) I love the desert, but the heat gives me headaches and the dry air gives me nose bleeds.
3) I've posed with a male cover model (and so has Ms. Ivy, but not with the same one and not on the same night.)
4) I once stabbed my eyeball with a stick while gardening and was fascinated to learn that eyeballs don't bleed much.
5) I do my best thinking in the shower, but forget it by the time I get out.
6) While camping on my honeymoon I watched a frustrated bear, clawing and banging away at our small, locking lid igloo cooler trying to get it open after it ate everything in our big cooler including a plastic encased summer sausage. It was 2:00am in the morning, the bear was not even 3 feet away, there was only a screen netting over the open tailgate of our blazer and my husband slept beside me after assuring me it was just a cub. It wasn't cub. Which he would have known if he had seen it get up and amble away at 2:36am.
7) I once crab walked a glacier crevasse.
8) I'm not competitive with others, but I love to challenge myself.
9) I can't spell. I'd be lost without my computer dictionary.
10) Someday I may design the perfect vacuum out of frustration.
11) I want to learn how to play the guitar.
12) My favorite place to write is in bed or at the breakfast bar. My desk is for paying bills.
13) I hate dusting.
14) I love animals to the point that I'd love a ham sandwich if it grew fur. But not a spider. (Sorry Suzie - Tabitha was beautiful and fascinating, but those pinchers just do me in...)
15) I've hiked the Grand Canyon 3 times. And plan to do a fourth.
16) I got sent home from girl scouts for telling dirty jokes.
17) I'm a writer that has to force herself to hit publish.
More Like This
Recent Posts by Linda Anselmi
Most Popular on BlogHer
By Kim Court