YEAH, I DID THAT
My last post talked about the need for gratitude in our life. I mentioned a gratitude journal and giving thanks for the people and things in your life. But let’s go deeper. What about being grateful for the things we have accomplished?
It’s easy for people to say who they are grateful for the people they have in their life, but much harder to be grateful for the things we have done ourselves, the things that make us who we are. We downplay our achievements, “Oh, that was nothing.” Really we should be shouting them from the rooftop.
This is who you are. This is what made you. What you may think is insignificant may be on someone else’s bucket list.
It’s not enough just to have our experiences. We need to share them with others. We need to inspire.
Here are a few things on my YEAH, I DID THAT list
1. I quit my job to follow my dream
3. I learned to sail
4. I rescued a seahorse in the Bahamas
5. I danced with my family under the moon in the Grenada Carnival
7. I talked to pink dolphins in the Amazon
8. I gave my first speech in front of a group of 50 people
9. I sailed my own boat, across the ocean at night.
11. In the remote Atacama Desert in Chile, my family and I saw the llama, the snake and the toad in the Milky Way
12. I stood on the side of volcano Tungurahua as she rumbled and spit ashes in the air
14. I became a Certified Laughter Yoga leader so I could help heal the world with laughter
15. I homeschooled my children for 5 years
16. I believed in myself
17. I wrote a book.
19. I held my mother’s hand as she transitioned from this life
20. I learned to let go
I could easily add more. How about you? Tell me something on your YEAH, I DID THAT list