Yes, Christmas Gifts already...
By StillJustMom on November 12, 2013
Each holiday throughout the year I like to create something unique for the daycare parents who faithfully bring their children to my home and Christmas is no exception!
I spend many hours scouring blogs, websites and Pinterest looking for a creative gift that will remind them of their little monkey's time with me. Last Christmas I made a glass ornament with an action photo of their child inside. You can use this idea to create a 'Family Tree' and use photos of your whole family to decorate your own tree or make a set for grandparents. (They eat this stuff up!)
I am not a photographer or a 'crafty' person so anything I make must be minimal steps and simple to do. Here is how simple it really was:
- Take action shots of your kids. This was the hardest part for me. I took a zillion shots of them jumping, hanging off of the climber and finally sitting on chairs to find a photo that was clear enough to use.
- Purchase clear ornaments. I found my set at Michael's Craft Store. I also downloaded the store's smart phone app and received a 50% off coupon. I like saving money like that.
- Have the photos printed and then carefully cut around your little monster's pose. This also took a little while but kept me busy and quiet during nap time.
- I used a small piece of black ribbon and hot glued it to the back of the photo and the inside of the topper of the ball. When I say small I mean really small. Like 3-5 mm's.
- Gently curl the edges of the photo to slip it back into the ornament and done!
This year for the set I'm making for my own tree I plan to dip the bottom of the ornament in white glitter and maybe paint some along the top to give it a snowy feel and reflect some of the light from my tree.
I hope you have as much fun making them as I did!
More Like This
Most Popular on BlogHer
By Kim Court