Zesty Pasta Primavera
Dinner or a Side Dish ~ you decide!
Occasionally my hubby and I find ourselves at the dinner table (mostly) alone. What I actually mean is that we are the only two eating the meal that night… others have found sustenance elsewhere. We make this recipe as a meal and it serves roughly 4 so we have some leftovers for lunch the next day. We like it because it is “light” and has a zesty flavor.
8 oz. uncooked linguine
1 Tbsp. zesty Italian dressing
1 c. thinly sliced fresh broccoli
1 carrot, thinly sliced
1/2 c. sliced green onions
1/4 c. butter, cubed
1 1/2 c. sliced fresh mushrooms
1 clove garlic (I use 1/2 tsp. of prepared garlic)
1 tsp. dried basil
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
6 oz. fresh snow peas (roughly 2 cups)
1/4 c. chicken broth
1/4 c. shredded Parmesan cheese
1. Cook linguine according to package. Drain and toss with 1 Tbsp. of zesty Italian Dressing.
2. While that is boiling, cook the broccoli, carrot and onions in butter for about 3 minutes.
3. Add the mushrooms, garlic, basil, salt and pepper and cook 1 minute longer.
4. Add the snow peas and broth. Cover and cook for 2 minutes longer until peas are crisp-tender.
5. Add linguine with dressing to skillet and toss to coat.
6. Sprinkle shredded cheese over the top of each serving.
This recipe has many opportunities for amendment… skip the snow peas and add frozen peas; toss in baby spinach leaves during step number 4; what about a few black olives and mini pepperonis?
Visit my blog to see many more recipes with common ingredients that families love! Check out my ~~Kid Approved~~ recipes too!
~~Angie @ www.mothersapronstrings.com~~