What to Write About in August: Topics for Your Editorial Calendar
Summer may be winding down, but the scope of topics you can cover this month certainly isn’t. It can be easy to get stuck in a content rut, especially once you’ve already refreshed your In addition to your general summer topics, like crowd-pleasing BBQ recipes or summer trends and must-haves, here’s our short-list of topics to consider covering as we wind down.
HEALTH & WELLNESS
- Hydration hacks. A round-up of your favorite water bottles or tips on how you remember to stay hydrated during the hottest time of year.
- Local hiking routes you and your family love.
- Your morning wellness routine.
- A round-up of your favorite fitness creators to follow.
- Seasonal fruit-based snacks to help you beat the heat
- Summer blockbusters & must-sees.
- VMA nominations.
- Trending TV recaps.
- Festival/concert coverage.
- Classics to rewatch
- Pro-tips for family roadtrips. What games keep your kids occupied on long-hauls to the beach?
- First-time-to-school coverage.
- Back-to-school coverage.
- Prepping kids for a mask-free school year
- Rainy day activities for kids
- Best kids movies of the summer
- Educational games for before school starts
- How to stay organized this fall
- Fun and easy lunchbox ideas
- Back to School (supplies and clothing)
- Fall must-haves to look out for
- Heat-friendly outfits
- Trendy makeup to try
- 2000s revival / Y2k
- Facial oils / Trending skincare routines / “Clean girl aesthetic”
- DIY hair lightening
- Hair trends to watch out for this fall
HOLIDAYS & NOTABLE EVENTS
- August 3rd – National Watermelon Day
- August 7th – Friendship Day
- August 10th – National S’mores Day
- August 26th – Women’s Equality Day
- Celebrates the day women gained the right to vote in the United States.
LEO SEASON – now until August 22nd.
VIRGO SEASON – August 23rd – Sept 23rd.