Media Icon Arianna Huffington to Keynote #BlogHer18 Health
We are profoundly pumped to announce that the indomitable Arianna Huffington will join us as a keynote speaker at #BlogHer18 Health, a conference for health and wellness creators taking place January 2018 in New York City. She will also serve on our Executive Advisory Board to inform our programming and help us to deliver upon our mission to help women lead healthier lives.
Arianna, who, like Beyoncé, is recognized by first name alone, exemplifies the leadership and impact BlogHer Health endeavors to celebrate. Her voice is informed, personal, candid and insatiably curious. Our goal in launching BlogHer Health is to explore women’s minds and bodies with unabashed honesty, intelligence, and respect. As such, Arianna’s was the first number we called when contemplating collaborators.
Arianna Huffington leads a conversation that traverses both medical and spiritual health. She employs science along with relatable stories to raise consciousness and stimulate behavior changes to optimize our well-being. #BlogHer18 Health provides tools for life integration. Rather than a balance between two or more forces, we aspire to integrate life’s forces to exist harmoniously — welcoming the pressure while reveling in the calm. We see a woman’s health as inextricably linked to her performance, her success and her happiness. So, whether we are riffing on sleep, fertility, fashion or career, we look to Ms. Huffington to help us live healthier lives.
Named to TIME Magazine’s 100 Most Influential People and Forbes Most Powerful Women lists, Arianna Huffington is the co-founder of Pulitzer Prize-winning The Huffington Post media brand. In November 2016, she launched Thrive Global, a media, technology, and corporate services company helping individuals, companies and communities improve their well-being and performance. Thrive Global’s mission is to end the stress and burnout epidemic by offering companies and individuals sustainable, science-based solutions to enhance well-being, performance, and purpose, and create a healthier relationship with technology. Recent science has shown that the pervasive belief that burnout is the price individuals must pay for success is a delusion. It is known, instead, that when individuals prioritize their well-being, their decision-making, creativity, and productivity improve dramatically.
“At Thrive, we are committed to accelerating the culture shift that allows people to reclaim their lives and move from merely surviving to thriving,” Arianna Huffington said. “SheKnows Media and its #BlogHer conference series share a mission to inspire individuals to prioritize their wellbeing to achieve greatness in all aspects of their lives. I look forward to sharing what I’ve learned throughout my career with a roomful of like-minded female content creators.”
Arianna is a true pioneer, and now she is using her immense influence to help us evolve our thinking about the important, undeniable role that personal well-being plays when it comes to our careers. We could not be more thrilled to welcome her to #BlogHer18 Health to reveal what inspired her to launch Thrive Global after more than a decade at The Huffington Post, and what she believes it takes to live a truly successful life.
Arianna joins an exciting and growing list of premier speakers at #BlogHer18 Health, including: Jillian Michaels, one of the world’s foremost wellness entrepreneurs; Dr. Jessica Shepherd, a women’s health expert, OBGYN and contributor on Oz; and Nitika Chopra, host of “Naturally Beautiful” on Z Living and a self-esteem advocate; to name a few. In addition, the following key influencers are among the newest to join the #BlogHer18 Health speaker roster:
- Amy Ziering, a two-time Emmy Award-winning and Academy Award-nominated documentary filmmaker best known for The Hunting Ground and The Invisible War.
- Christine Bibbo Herr, a fashion, fitness and lifestyle expert and the creator of NYCpretty.com
- Courtney Nichols Gould, Co-Founder and Co-CEO of SmartyPants Vitamins
- Eva Amurri Martino, an actress and creator of The Happily app and the HappilyEvaAfter blog
- Hannah Bronfman, Brand Ambassador and the Founder of HBFIT.com
- Jordan Younger, author, yoga teacher, host of the “Soul on Fire” podcast and the blogger behind the wellness and lifestyle blog, The Balanced Blonde
- Kelly LeVeque, a celebrity nutritionist, wellness expert and author of the best-selling book, Body Love. LeVeque has been featured on “Good Morning America,” “The Doctors” and E! News, and some of her clients include Jessica Alba, Emmy Rossum and Chelsea Handler.
- Keri Glassman, a renowned celebrity nutritionist, healthy cooking expert and wellness thought leader who has been featured on “The Today Show,” “Good Morning America,” “The Rachael Ray Show” and more
- Nastia Liukin, a five-time Olympic medalist and nine-time World Medalist in women’s gymnastics, NBC commentator and entrepreneur
- Dr. Nesochi Okeke-lgbokwe, a physician, speaker and health media experts who has been featured in Vogue, Forbes, Glamour, Teen Vogue and more
- Phoebe Lapine, a writer, gluten-free chef, Hashimoto’s advocate, creator of the award-winning blog Feed Me Phoebe, and author of the book The Wellness Project
- Reesa Lake, Partner and Senior Vice President, Digital Brand Architects (DBA)
- Sarah Brokaw, Author, and Host of Shared Secrets Podcast
Also, singer, songwriter and musician Brynn Elliott will perform during a Find Your Flow interactive wellness session at #BlogHer18 Health.
We hope you’ll join us in NYC!