How To Submit Your Facebook Business Page For Verification
In 2015, Facebook rolled out a way for local businesses to receive a grey checkmark on their Facebook Business Pages, confirming them as a verified small business. Hooray! Last year, Facebook removed all grey verification badges due to “user confusion” about their meaning—and hard-working entrepreneurs were bummed. Do not fear, my friends—we’ve got your back. If you lost your grey check, there is still a process for you to submit for a coveted blue verification badge.
Thankfully, Facebook has implemented a process to receive a verification badge that anyone with a Facebook Business Page can navigate. Time to get a little more familiar with Business Manager!
What you’ll need:
Your legal business name, address, a phone number where customers or clients can reach you, and website.
A standard official document that matches the legal business name.
Facebook accepts a business license, Certificate of Formation or Incorporation, and Tax or VAT Registration Certificate. Don’t have any of these? See more examples here.
A document showing the legal name of your business along with the mailing address or phone number.
Facebook accepts utility bills, bank statements, and business licenses with your business address and/or business phone number listed. Don’t have any of these? See more examples here.
Access to your business phone number—which must be able to receive phone calls OR access to a business contact email—which should be an email associated with your website’s domain.
To request verification:
Start your verification process in Business Manager by going to your Security Center.
Click Start Verification in the Business Verification section.
Note: The Start Verification button may be grayed out—which means your page doesn’t meet Facebook’s requirements YET to submit for verification. If that’s the case, we recommend running a few ads through Business Manager and/or working to grow your following with engaging content.
Enter Your Business Details: Write in your business information including the legal name of your business, address, business phone number where customers or clients can reach you, and your website, which will be used to verify your email later in the process. Enter your business details and click Next.
Select Your Businesses: Choose the correct business or businesses from the list or select “None of these match” if your business is not listed. Heads up, the list scrolls! Your business may be at the bottom. Press Next.
Depending on if your business is listed or not, the process can go one of two ways:
If Your Business is Listed
5. Confirm Your Business Details: Confirm the below address and phone number, which will viewable to followers and customers on your Facebook business page. Once you complete business verification, your business profile will be updated to match the verified information. Facebook may also make this information publicly visible for assets owned by your business, such as apps and ads.
6. Get a Verification Code: Choose whether you’d like to receive the verification code on your business phone number via a text message or a phone call or via email. Note: The phone number option may not be available in all countries.
7. Enter Verification Code: Enter your verification code. Click Submit.
If Your Business Is Not Listed
5. Verify Your Legal Business Name: Upload a standard official document that matches the legal business name you wrote in under
6. Enter Your Business Details. Don’t worry, the legal business name you entered will be listed within this step for you to see. Once you have uploaded or dragged and dropped the file or files, click Next.
7. Verify Your Business Address or Phone Number: Confirm Your Business Details by uploading a document showing the legal name of your business along with the mailing address or phone number you entered previously. The mailing address and phone number you entered will be listed. Select Next.
8. Get a Verification Code: Choose whether you’d like to receive the verification code on your business phone number via a text message or a phone call or via email. Note: The phone number option may not be available in all countries.
8. Enter Verification Code: Enter your verification code. Click Submit.
If you receive confirmation that your business is verified, you’re all set! You may not receive confirmation right away. If you don’t receive confirmation right away, you’ll receive a notification when the review is complete. You can also check your status in Security Center.
Didn’t get verified? Here are some tips!
If your Facebook verification has been rejected—try the following:
Make sure there is a link on your website to your Facebook business page.
Add a link from your personal Facebook page to your business page.
Complete the ‘About’ section in as much detail as possible. This includes any additional fields that are relevant to your business.
Include your business’s street address and phone number. If you have privacy concerns you can try adding just the city, state, and zip code in which your business is located.
Looking to get verified on Instagram? Learn how to do it here.