Each year, we select a handful of thought leaders to advise and inspire us as we’re developing our conferences. This year, we look to the members of our dynamic and diverse #BlogHer18 Health Advisory Board, all of whom are committed to improving women’s health through both sciences and story, to guide innovation and quality in our programming.
The #BlogHer18 Health Advisory Board comprises many of the most influential and powerful voices in media, health and wellness. Members include:
- Arianna Huffington, Founder & CEO of Thrive Global, and Co-Founder of The Huffington Post media brand
- Aviva Romm, MD, women and children’s integrative medicine expert, midwife, and best-selling author
- Christine Bibbo Herr, fashion, fitness and lifestyle expert and the creator of NYCPretty.com
- Jessica Shepherd, MD, women’s health expert, OBGYN and contributor on Oz
- Kaja Perina, Editor-in-Chief, Psychology Today
- Katherine Ryder, Founder & CEO of Maven
- Keri Glassman, renowned celebrity nutritionist and Founder & CEO of Nutritious Life and The Nutrition School
- Latham Thomas, Wellness Maven, Doula and Founder of Mama Glow
- Neala Rafizadeh, MD, psychiatrist, and certified yoga instructor
- Nitika Chopra, self-esteem coach and host of Host of “Naturally Beautiful” on Z Living
- Phoebe Lapine, author, chef, Hashimoto’s advocate and creator of the Feed Me Phoebe blog
- Reesa Lake, Partner and Senior Vice President, Digital Brand Architects
- Sarah Brokaw, best-selling author, and host of the “Shared Secrets” podcast
This year’s Advisory Board is spearheaded by me and our President Samantha Skey. In addition, our Editor-in-Chief Justine Goodman and Elizabeth Yuko, MD, Health & Sex Editor at SheKnows.com and Editor of HelloFlo.com, will participate on the board.
We met as a group yesterday and a great discussion centered around prioritizing self-care, mental health, gut health, fertility, and living with chronic conditions. The standout takeaway was that wellness is often portrayed as glossy and glamorous, when in reality; health is messy, complicated, and unique to each person. This concept gets to the heart of what we envision for #BlogHer18 Health – an unabashed and unfiltered dialogue around important health and wellness issues.
We can’t wait to share additional speakers and plans in the coming months. So far, we’ve announced media visionary Arianna Huffington; Jillian Michaels, one of the world’s foremost wellness entrepreneurs; Nastia Liukin, a five-time Olympic medalist and nine-time World Medalist in women’s gymnastics, NBC commentator and entrepreneur; celebrity nutritionist and best-selling author Kelly LeVeque; and many more.
More than 500 content creators, social media influencers, authors, entrepreneurs, brand executives and industry thought leaders are expected to attend #BlogHer18 Health in New York City on January 30-31, 2018. Together, we hope this event informs, inspires, and ignites you – the female content creator — to use your platforms to build a healthier world.